Blue Phantom’s Second Generation PICC with I.V. and Arterial training model is designed for users interested in developing and practicing the skills associated with ultrasound guided PICC line placement, arterial line placement, and peripheral IV access. This Arterial, I.V. and PICC training model is intended to assist users in learning to place needles, guidewires and catheters in the brachial vein, basilic vein, radial artery, ulnar artery and superficial veins.
Verify Correct Catheter Placement Using Ultrasound and X-Ray!
New to the Second Generation PICC with I.V. and Arterial Ultrasound Training Model is the inclusion of an ultrasoundable chest that contains the superior vena cava and subclavian vein which is designed to allow users to verify correct catheter placement. In addition to ultrasound, correct catheter placement can also be verified using x-ray.
Using Blue Phantom proprietary simulated human tissue, this very realistic and ultra-durable venous access medical model is excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided venous and arterial access procedures. These ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of arterial and venous anatomy, using ultrasound to target the appropriate vessels for cannulation, and using ultrasound to guide venous access and arterial access procedures in the arm.
We know that gaining proficiency in using ultrasound requires practice. Our self healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) insertions, ultrasound guided arterial line placements, and using ultrasound imaging to guide I.V. starts which can be useful in patients with veins that are difficult to access using tradition blind insertion techniques. You can expect unmatched durability from our tissue and vessels. This ultrasound training mannequin is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts.
Each model offers the vascular anatomy of the entire arm including the brachial artery, brachial and basilic veins, radial artery, ulnar artery, medial cubital vein and the cephalic vein. Excellent for new users as well as more experienced users who are refining their vascular access procedural skills, the vessels in this ultrasound guided venous access and arterial access medical training mannequin can be accessed with needles as well as fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location. Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed. Arterial pulse can be palpated and visualized under ultrasound with included hand bulb. The chest piece vascular anatomy contains the superior vena cava and subclavian vein.
- Specifically designed to train ultrasound guided PICC placement, ultrasound guided IV placement and ultrasound guided arterial line placement
- Verify correct catheter placement with ultrasound or X-ray
- Made with Blue Phantom’s ultra-durable SimulexUS™ tissue which is self-healing to prevent leaks and able to last over 1,000 needle cannulations
- Designed to match the acoustic properties of human tissue; will work with any ultrasound system
- Vascular Anatomy Includes:
- Cephalic Vein
- Radial Vein
- Basilic Vein
- Ulnar Vein
- Medial Cubital Vein
- Brachial Artery
- Radial Artery
- Ulnar Artery
- Superior Vena Cava & Subclavian Vein (To verify catheter placement)
- Pulsating arteries via included hand-bulb
- User replaceable tissue inserts
What’s in the box?
- Second Generation PICC & IV/Arterial Line Ultrasound Training Arm
- Subclavian/SVC Ultrasound Chest
- Thermoformed Plastic Base
- 235mL bottle of RED Ultrasound Refill Fluid
- 235mL bottle of BLUE Ultrasound Refill Fluid