Blue Phantom’s Generation II Femoral lower torso ultrasound guided regional anesthesia and central venous access training model is an excellent tool to train users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound for regional anesthesia procedures of the femoral nerve as well as guide catheter insertions in the femoral artery and vein.
Built upon the feedback we received from our customers of our first generation femoral model, we have developed the most realistic Femoral Ultrasound trainer available in the market today. Using Blue Phantom simulated human tissue, this very realistic and ultra-durable ultrasound training phantom is an excellent choice for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided regional anesthesia as well as vascular access procedures.
These ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of nerves, arterial and venous anatomy, using ultrasound to target the femoral nerves for regional anesthesia procedures, guide needles to blood vessels for cannulation, and performing vascular access procedures.
Comprised entirely of our patented Simulex self-healing tissue, users can access vessels on both limbs resulting in twice the number of access sites compared to the original model. With our innovative new hand pump system, the femoral artery no longer collapses creating our most realistic anatomy yet.
We know that gaining the psychomotor skills to perform ultrasound guided procedures requires practice. Our ultra-durable self-healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided regional anesthesia nerve blocks and central venous access procedures without giving second thought to who or when you train or calculating the cost for each training session. Whether you are learning to use ultrasound to guide needles, perform nerve blocks and vascular access procedures, or troubleshoot difficult catheter placements, you can expect unmatched durability from our nerves, tissue and vessels. Blue Phantom ultrasound training mannequins are constructed using patented ultra-durable tissue and are extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self-healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts.
Realism makes your training better.
The model is equipped with a hand pump used to create arterial pulsations which can help users differentiate between arteries and veins as well as providing internal reference points for regional anesthesia procedures. Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed. Simulated anesthetics can be injected into the mannequin to aid the user in learning to perform the entire ultrasound guided nerve block procedure. Injected fluids are automatically expelled so that the model can be used repeatedly for training.
The color of the simulated blood fluids in the arterial vessels differ from the venous system allowing for users to easily differentiate between successful venous access procedures. Collapsible Venous anatomy with mild pressure also aids in distinguishing artery from the vein. Venous and arterial fluids that are removed during central catheter insertions training are easily refilled using quick fill ports. While performing vascular access central catheter procedures, internal vessels accommodate the full threading of guidewires and catheters.
- Regional anesthesia; contains the femoral nerve and it’s branches along with the Saphenous Nerve, the Fascia Iliaca nerve
- Central venous access; contains anatomically correct vascular anatomy of the right lower torso including the femoral artery and vein, Aorta, IVC, Common Iliac Artery and Vein, Internal Iliac Artery and Vein, Great Saphenous Vein, Simulated DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in the lower Left Femoral Vein.
- Inject simulated anesthetics to verify needle tip location and to practice the entire regional anesthesia procedure
- Anatomical landmarks include: Pubic Symphysis, Iliac Crest and Inguinal Ligament for palpation.
- Use 18-21 gauge needles and 7 French Catheter to access the venous system.
- Use repeatedly; injected simulated anesthetics are automatically expelled
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics; learn to acquire and interpret ultrasonographic imaging of nerves and vessels
- New Blue Phantom Integrated Hand pump to create pulsatile arteries with slow return to allow collapsing of the venous system
- Self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts
- Utilize traditional anatomical landmarks for blind insertion techniques, or utilize ultrasound to obtain images of anatomical structures
- Accommodates full threading of guidewires and catheters
- Venous and arterial fluids that are removed during central catheter insertions training are easily refilled using quick fill ports
- Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed
- Simulated blood fluids in the arterial vessels differ from the venous system allowing for users to easily verify successful venous access procedures
- Tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Performs well using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- Purchase includes 2 bottles of simulated blood refill solution; one red (arterial), one blue (venous). 235mls bottles
- Model comes with Thermoform Platform to keep model in place and for storage purposes.
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA