Greetings from Augment Simulation India - the Exclusive Master Distributor of all CAE products in Western & Southern India. US-based CAE Healthcare is one of the three core businesses of CAE (NYSE: CAE; TSX: CAE), a global leader in the delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets.
In the United States, the Medical Imaging Technology Alliance (MITA), has asked the US FDA to prioritize approval of point-of-care ultrasound and other mobile imaging devices that play a role in the COVID-19 care.
As you would know, the high contagiousness of SARSCoV-2 and the risk of transporting unstable patients with hypoxemia and hemodynamic failure makes chest CT a limited option for the patient with suspected or established COVID-19. Lung ultrasonography gives the results that are similar to chest CT and superior to standard chest radiography for evaluation of pneumonia and/ or adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) with the added advantage of the ease of use at point of care, repeatability, absence of radiation exposure, and low cost. Thus Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) for Lung imaging is currently being implemented internationally to further manage treatment options for COVID patients.
CAE Blue Phantom is proud to announce a brand-new first of its kind Lung Simulator for Point of Care Ultrasound training associated with COVID-19. This simulator is excellent for training clinicians in the techniques associated with Lung ultrasound.
The CAE Blue Phantom COVID-19 Lung Ultrasound Training Simulator replicates the acoustic properties of human tissue, allowing users to practice imaging skills with real ultrasound machines as they learn to diagnose key findings consistent with Covid-19 cases. With lung anatomy and pathological landmarks that include pulmonary edema, a thickened pleural lining and lesions, the COVID-19 disease findings become more progressive as the user scans the lower ribs.
Ultrasound imaging skills include :
- Using ultrasound system controls,
- Transducer positioning
- Navigation between intercostal space(s) and recognition of thoracic anatomy in a complete risk-free environment.
This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including emergency medicine, critical care medicine, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
• Lung sliding powered by an automated pump. Extremely realistic external landmarks and ultrasound anatomy of Lung
• Excellent for training physicians in psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound: knobology training, didactic skills, acquiring ultrasound images and sanitation guidelines to limit exposure
• Optimize your training with superb image quality; simulated tissue matches the acoustic properties of real human tissue
• Anatomically correct: includes Chest wall, Ribs, Lung, Pleural Lining
• Ultrasound Anatomy includes: Ribs, Rib Shadow, A lines, B lines, Thickened and irregular Pleural Lining and Consolidation
• Disease progresses as user scans inferior Pathological landmarks present in the CAE Blue Phantom Lung model are Pulmonary Oedema, thickened Pleural Lining, diffused bilateral B-Lines, Lung sliding, Sub Pleural Consolidation and skip lesions.
• As user scans inferior on the ultrasound task trainer, the Covid-19 disease findings become more progressive. 1st intercostal space represents ultrasound findings associated with a healthy individual: Thin, Regular Pleural lining, A Lines. 2-3rd intercostal space(s) depict B lines, Thick and irregular Pleural lining. 4th intercostal space illustrates Covid-19 consolidation and lesions.
• Excellent image quality using any ultrasound system