Blue Phantom's mid-scapular thoracentesis ultrasound training model is specifically designed for ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This ultrasound training phantom aids users in developing and practicing the skills associated with a mid scapulary approach to ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This model is excellent for assisting clinicians in gaining proficiency in using ultrasound to identify and guide needle and small gauge catheter insertions in a patient with pleural effusions for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes.
The model is of a supine adult male and extends from the upper buttocks to the lower neck. Positioned in the mid scapulary line, the ultrasound tissue insert contains chest wall superficial tissue, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th ribs and intercostal spaces, pleural cavity with lung and atelectatic lung, diaphragm, and superior spleen. The pleural fluid collections allow users to develop and refine their ultrasound guided thoracentesis skills. This model is extremely realistic and is self-healing offering you superb training with a low cost of ownership.
- Positive fluid flow offers users immediate feedback when pleural effusion fluid is accurately accessed
- Pleural fluid that is removed during thoracentesis procedural training is easily refilled using a quick fill port – or automatically refilled using I.V. bag reservoir
- 1 bottle (235 mls) of thoracentesis pleural replacement fluid included with model purchase
- Add optional for light transport and storage
- Ultrasound tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Excellent imaging characteristics using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology